Employee Reimbursement via Direct Deposit FAQs

  • Who do I contact regarding questions on direct deposit?

Payroll Net Pay and Employee Reimbursement direct deposit questions should be directed to the Campus Payroll Office:

UNH Payroll at 862-1400
KSC Payroll at 358-2482
PSU Payroll at 535-2553

GSC BSC at 513-1329

USNH Payroll at 862-1474

Accounts Payable Direct Deposit Payment questions should be directed to the Campus Accounts Payable Office:

USNH/UNH: at 862-1474
GSC at 862-4537
KSC AP Department at 358-2480 or 358-2481
PSU AP Department at 535-2252

  • How will direct deposit for reimbursements work?

If you have authorized USNH to provide payments via direct deposit, any reimbursement processed via a Banner Accounts Payable invoice will be transmitted to your bank/account electronically.

  • How quickly should I expect to receive a reimbursement via direct deposit?

It is reasonable to expect a direct deposit reimbursement to be made within 3-4 business days of when a Banner AP Invoice has been approved. Normally, the payment processes will be run on Monday and Wednesday with an expected ACH transmittal to be initiated on Monday and Wednesday. It is reasonable to expect the transaction to be processed electronically and deposited in your bank/account within 2 business days. For instance, if the Banner AP Invoice is entered and approved on Friday, then the direct deposit will be initiated on Monday and the funds should be electronically deposited into your bank account on Tuesday or Wednesday. Keep in mind that direct deposit timing may be dependent on the time of day that the payment file is generated, when the file is released by USNH and the time when your bank collects the electronic payment data from the ACH system. Our goal is to process this file as quickly as possible in order to make payments as timely as possible.

  • How will I know when the reimbursement payment has been deposited?

USNH will send an email message, using your campus email address to inform you that a payment has been electronically direct deposited into your bank account. The following information will be included in the email notice: Bank name, total amount paid, purchase order number (if applicable), banner invoice document number, vendor invoice number, often used to provide employees with information related to reimbursement, and the invoice amount. If you have more than one reimbursement per payment, the message will contain more than one line of data.

  • How do I select a different bank?

In the rare instance that you might wish to select a different bank and/or account for your payroll net payment and employee reimbursement, you will need to change this selection by completing the "USNH Payroll Net Pay and Employee Reimbursement Direct Deposit Authorization Form". This form can be found on the USNH Financial Services Web site under Payroll Forms.

You will need to complete it and return it to your Campus Payroll Office. Once the form is received, the change will take place for the following check run.

  • How will my BSC or Campus document processor know of my choice to receive reimbursements via direct deposit?

You should inform your BSC of your wishes to ensure that they process your USNH Personal Reimbursement Form by entering a Banner Invoice Document and not a Convenience Check.

  • If I don't have direct deposit now, how do I enroll?

If you are an employee, you are encouraged to authorize direct deposit to ensure fast and safe payment. You can find the form at Payroll Forms, print it, and return it to your Campus Payroll Office. They will enter the information and direct deposit will begin on the next available payment cycle. Keep in mind that if you do not attach a "voided" check, then a pre-note transaction (zero dollar test) will be necessary before we can begin to transmit money. If a pre-note is required, one additional pay cycle may be required before the record can be used for direct deposit.

  • Can I enroll for direct deposit, if I am not a current employee?

If you are not a current employee, ACH direct deposit is available to you by completing the VENDOR Direct Deposit Authorization Form.

  • Will my reimbursement payment be combined with my payroll wage payment and be subject to withholding taxes?

No, the two payments will continue to be processed separately; one through AP and one through Payroll. They should not be combined. Therefore wage payments will not contain both and subject to additional taxation.

  • Can a reimbursement for an employee without deposit be processed the same as one with direct deposit?

Yes, the reimbursement can be processed the same. The employee should complete the USNH Personal Reimbursement Form, have it approved, and submit to their BSC for entry into Banner. An employee who does not have direct deposit will be paid via a general disbursement check and no email notification. An employee with direct deposit will have the payment electronically deposited to their bank account and will receive an email notification.


Last Modified: 4/13/2015 6:00 PM
Last Published: