University System of New Hampshire
Financial and Administrative Procedures
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Issued By: Campus Purchasing Departments
Issued Date: 04/15/97
This Purchasing Card program is intended to streamline your small dollar purchases and empower the end-user. Your full cooperation is necessary to make this program a success.
The cardholder acts as an agent of the University System and its member institutions for activity specifically related to this Purchasing Card. They have agreed to adhere to all system and institutional policies and procedures and to use the Purchasing Card in compliance with the information set forth in their Cardholders Guide. As manager, you are required to assist them in this function.
The card is the property of the department, institution and USNH. Upon transfer to another department, termination/separation or request, the cardholder must surrender their card to you.
Consequences of misuse may include the possible loss of your card and/or reimbursement of unauthorized purchases.
Fraudulent use of the card may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The cardholder is responsible for:
The manager is responsible for:
- establishing and monitoring (along with the department head) card eligibility and the authorized limits (Procedure 9-105, Obtaining a Purchasing Card
- attending cardholder and manager training sessions (Procedure 9-105, Obtaining a Purchasing Card
- knowing all of the cardholder's responsibilities
- making sure the cardholder is in compliance with the authorized uses of the card (Procedure 9-104, What can the card be used for? and Procedure 9-105, Obtaining a Purchasing Card)
- communicating all changes in cardholder account information to the Campus Card Administrator (Procedure 9-111, Disputed Purchases and Procedure 9-112, Lost or Stolen Cards)
- reviewing all purchases at least weekly (Procedure 9-104, What can the card be used for?)
- resolving all funding issues in a timely manner (Procedure 9-108, How to Make a Purchase)
- distributing/correcting charges as required (Procedure 9-109, Corrections)
- reconciling all accounts under your responsibility on a monthly basis (Procedure 9-110, Documentation and Record Retention)
- maintaining documentation on all purchases (Procedure 9-110, Documentation and Record Retention)
- working with the Campus Card Administrator to resolve problems and improve the process
- communicating all changes in policy and/or procedures to your cardholders
- communicating all questionable activity to department head and/or Campus Card Administrator
- complying with all audit requests of documentation in a timely manner (Procedure 9-110, Documentation and Record Retention)
The official version of this information will only be maintained in an on-line web format.
Any and all printed copies of this material are dated as of the print date. Please make certain
to review the material on-line prior to placing reliance on a dated printed version.